Accessibility, Affordability, Innovation
From the initial days of its legislative authorization in 2009 to the present, driving themes behind the UNT Dallas College of Law have been accessibility, affordability, and innovation in legal education. These themes will continue to drive the UNT Dallas College of Law as it builds its curriculum, faculty, and infrastructure.
The legal market has experienced dramatic changes in recent years, and a serious national conversation about legal education is ongoing. The UNT Dallas College of Law will seek to incorporate and advance the best thinking on these important themes, which include:
- The cost and benefits of a legal education
- Methods and feasibility of changing the traditional teaching law school teaching model
- The heavy influence of input-weighted rankings on law schools
- Diversity in and access to legal education
- The need for more and better assessment of students during their legal education